The Westin Phoenix Downtown Is Now Open!
The corner of Central and E.V.B. (“East Van Buren” to those that may not have caught on yet to the new downtown lingo introduced by 12News) looks a little different today. The Westin Phoenix Downtown officially opened its doors at 333 N. Central Avenue! The opening was commemorated with a ribbon cutting with Coucilmen Tom Simplot and Michael Johnson, glasses of champagne, and a tour of the guestrooms and meeting space.Some highlights:
- There are a total of 242 large guestrooms featuring Westin signature “Heavenly” beds and other collections.
- Each room has internet capability and a station that allows you to stream movies from your computer to the hotel room’s television.
- 21 Corner suites have huge bathrooms, with stand alone bathtubs with great views of downtown Phoenix.
- Province, the new hotel restaurant features “American cuisine with Latin soul.”
- There are 13,000 square feet of meeting space with the largest ballroom being able to seat 200 people. Each meeting room is named after a different mineral.
- The green bar features all things green including green M&Ms, green grapes, and a scrumptious green kiwi juice concoction.
- The hotel is environmentally friendly with recycling receptacles outside the elevators and a special electricity-saving in-room feature where you have to insert your hotel key into a slot inside your room before you are able to turn on the lights!
- Finally and most importantly, the hotel has brought 150 new employees downtown!
PCA is glad to welcome The Westin to Greater Downtown Phoenix! Check out their website for more information and more importantly, book a night-stay or your next meeting at the hotel!!